University of Washington Seattle, Washington January 2015 – present
· Post-doctoral Research Associate with Dr. Geoffrey Boynton and Dr. John Palmer
Humboldt University Berlin Berlin, Germany January – November 2014
· Post-doctoral researcher with Dr. Martin Rolfs at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience.
New York University New York City September 2013
· Doctor of Philosophy, Cognition & Perception
· Dissertation: “Feature-based attention across the visual field.”
· Advisor: Dr. Marisa Carrasco
The University of Sydney Sydney, Australia July 2008
· Master of Science (by research), Psychology
· Thesis: “The effects of variable neural delays on visual perception and visuomotor timing.”
· Advisor: Dr. Alex Holcombe
Yale College New Haven, Connecticut May 2007
· Bachelor of Arts (with distinction, summa cum laude), Cognitive Science
· Thesis: “Inattentional blindness, object persistence, and foveal inhibition.”
· Advisor: Dr. Brian Scholl.
Grants, Honors and Awards
- Postdoctoral National Research Service Award (F32 EY026785), beginning 2016
- Humboldt University Talent Travel Award, 2017
- University of Washington Vision Training Grant (T32 EY007031), 2015
- Fulbright Scholar (to Australia), 2007
- Summa Cum Laude, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa, Fall 2006
- Psi Chi Honor Society in Psychology
- Richter Fellowship, Summer 2005
- Yale College Dean’s Research Fellowship, Summer 2006
- Instructor for "Perception," Psychology Department, New York University, Summer 2012
- Teaching Assistant for "Perception," Psychology Department, New York University, Summer 2011
- Teaching Assistant for "Lab in Developmental Psychology," Psychology Department, New York University, Fall 2009.
- Teaching Assistant for "Perception," Psychology Department, New York University, Fall 2008
- Lecturer in "Sensation and Perception," School of Psychology, University of Sydney, summer 2008.
- Volunteer tutor for SAT preparation at PS1 in Manhattan and for high school biology at East Side Community High School, 2009-2011
- "Spatial and feature-based attention in visual perception.” University of Colorado, May 2014.
- "The interaction of spatial and feature-based attention.” University of Potsdam, April 2014.
- "The interaction of spatial and feature-based attention.” Humboldt University Berlin, April 2014.
- "Visual Awareness and the Brain." New York City Atheists Association, July 2012.
Ad hoc reviews:
- Attention, Perception & Psychophysics
- Brain Sciences
- Current Biology
- Journal of Neurophysiology
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
- Journal of Vision
- PLoS One
- Psychological Research
- Psychological Science
- Psychonomic Bulletin & Review
- Vision Research
Other Research Experience
- Yale College Dean’s Research Fellowship: Summer 2006: Vision science research at the Yale Perception and Cognition Lab
- Yuko Munakata, Professor of Psychology at the University of Colorado: Summer 2005: research on infant cognition at the C.U. Cognitive Development Center
- Richter Fellowship: Summer 2005: Cognitive psychology research on rhesus monkeys at the Cayo Santiago Field Station, Punta Santiago, Puerto Rico.